Jail breaking ipod touh 2G with Quickpwn 2.2.5 and firmware 2.2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by souske88, Jul 5, 2009.

1. souske88

souske88 New Member

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, but I couldn't find anywhere better to post it

Please Register or Log in to view images

(Oh yeah.. I spelled "touch" wrong...)

I have a ipod touch 8GB 2nd gen, it is 2.2.1 version, and I don't plan to upgrade it to 3.0.

I want to JB it, I have downloaded Quickpwn 2.2.5, and firmware 2.2.1. So I start the process... and when it asks me to browse, I brose to my firmware 2.2.1 restore.ipsw (or whatever it's called), but it comes up with an error: The firmware selected is either corruped or Quickpwn does not support it, or something along the lines of it. I am pretty sure I have the correct frimware, and I got the most up-to-date (I think) Quickpwn version (2.2.5), my ipod is connected correctly, but I did not restore my ipod prior to JBing.

Also one other thing: when I tried to restore my iPod prior to JBing, to see if this would resolve it, it would not restore, an error message pops up saying: The disk you are trying to use is full, try emptying the recycling bin to create more space, or something like that. Is it because my C disk (which I suppose is the disk that iTunes is trying to put whatever stuff in) is way too full? It has like only 100MB space left

How can I get it to restore with another disk?

Please help me, as I want to JB my iPod!! Thanks!
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Doesn't work with QuickPwn. You need something called redsn0w 0.3
  3. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yep, check the stickies for the download links

4. souske88

souske88 New Member

So I use Redsn0w 0.3 with the firmware 2.2.1???

EDIT: so I downlaod redsn0w win_0. 3.. but it is a torrnt... how do I open it?

Thanks!
  5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With a ******* client lile u******* or BitLord.