Jaibroke ipod with redsnow 0.7.1 running Firware 3.0. Problem is it will not re-boot.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by rlantigua, Jul 4, 2009.

1. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

There are some apps that require re-boot. But the ipod comes back with a blank screen.
    Itunes sees the ipod and syncs it.
    I have restored and jailbreak it many times.

Do I need a software to boot the ipod after is jaibroken?
  2. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No
    Simply hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button til computer recognizes. Rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.7. Redsn0w 0.7.1 seems to break the loading of the iPod. (Or at least for me it did)
  3. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

I will jailBreak again and see what happends.

so tools like
    1 Click Boot 0.5 and ipod touch booter will not work?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    version 0.7 is command line. will this work with firmware 3.0?

what command did you used?
  4. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

same prblem. i'll wait for a more stable version of redsnOw
  5. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can restore to a stock 3.0FW(if ur stuff is in ur iTunes) and do a fresh jailbreak with resn0w 0.7.2-it's the best to use and make sure you follow the instructions EXACTLY the way it was written.when it comes to installing cydia/icy or installer;just tick cydia as the other one will affect the overall jailbreak.just follow all the instructions including putting it in DFU mode.

After your device is jailbroken, resync with iTunes
    Hope I helped

iPod_Touch_2G
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there will not be a more stable version of redsn0w for ipt2g, they have done all the updating they need to (inc. support for iPhone 3GS).

The next release will be for the 3.1 release

Also, redsn0w is stable enough, most commonly problems arise when the end user has done something wrong
  7. rlantigua

rlantigua New Member

i also tried 7.2 it installs fine no problems. the issue is after. lets say i install an app that requires a reboot... it comes back with a blank screen. even with blank screen itunes sees the touch.
    don't think so... all installs well used for days. just happend to install [PIRACY] that requires a reboot and it hangs i a semi lightly blacn screen. something get mess up in the boot sequence after jailbreak. have you re started your ipod after redsnow?
  8. u2l

u2l New Member

i think i have the exact same problem. i had to rejailbreak my ipod 2 times already
    having to install an app that require reboot = rejailbreak yr ipod touch. i hope dev team can fix this problem in the next release ( if there is 1)

Please Register or Log in to view images

i think u can restart ipod after redsnow ( i have done it with no problem), but if u install many cracked apps then do a restart the system just cant handle it and freeze during reboot....
  9. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The problem i have had is not that it wont reboot , but after it reboots (say after a game crashes), I get the "connect to itunes" !!!!

dont know if its the Jailbreak or just stupid 3.0?
  10. u2l

u2l New Member