Jaadu

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ryan3141, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ryan3141

ryan3141 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not sure if other people already talked about this app but it's fairly good.

Jaadu VNC (the one I have) allows remote desktop access. Say if my laptop or main computer were in my basement and I was on the top floor with my iPod. As long as I have a strong wifi connection I can view the desktop screen from my iPod and even control it. It has a fully functional keyboard but does not offer audio. I believe the RDP one offers audio, although it's for PC's only and I don't think offers as many features as VNC. I'm trying to test if I was on another internet connection if you could hook up to your desktop but I'll have to get back to everyone on that. This app is 25$ and may or may not drop. The set up is fairly easy too. From my memory you don't have to download any crap to your desktop like other VNC's do.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I use Jaadu with VIne Server to allow access to my home network when on the road. It's not the fastest by any means but it works ok.
  3. ryan3141

ryan3141 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What's vine server?
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I also bought the application.

While I rarely use it, it works really nicely when it does.
    I'm sure it'll come in use one day...
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need it to connect to you machine from outside your wifi network. I have absolutely no desire to access any of my machines from my iPhones or iPods within my house. I have needed to access my machines when out of the immediate area via 3G.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxvnc/
  6. ryan3141

ryan3141 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh cool, I just downloaded it. Do you just let it sit there and then you can access the computer from where ever?
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well you need to get it set up properly and have the port forwarded but that's the gist of it. You need the Jaadu app for your desktop and they run together.