Jaadu VNC +Real VNC server

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by dieselboy27, Sep 27, 2008.

1. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I'm having a problem setting up Jaadu VNC with Real VNC server. I never had a problem with the older versions but now with 4.4 I am getting a connection failed error : The VNC server did not support VNC-password based authentication. I can not seem to logon to Real VNC. I don't seem to have this same issue when using tight VNC (but it's slow) or with ultraVNC (doesn't support extended display).

Does anyone know why Real VNC is causing this error and what setting I would need to alter in order for it to work?

Ok I changed it to VNC password with encryption off. Now it's letting me log in. However it still seems laggy especially compared to back in 1.1.4 with the VNC app. Oh well, at least it's working.
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Try TightVNC with the patch suggested on the Jaadu site which makes the screen refresh faster.
    That's what I have on XP.
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

i have jaadu vnc for $25!! for my workstations

Please Register or Log in to view images

and tightvnc did the job!
  4. OCP

OCP Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OP did you ever find a fix? My company uses RealVNC and I need to get this working without being on the same network.