Jaadu app question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nikeman, May 22, 2009.

1. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bought this app a few months ago and I do not think it has ever worked right. Right now I have Jaadu VNC Connect and WinVNC installed on my computer. When I am at home the app works great and I can control my computer with no issues at all. But when I am not at home I can not connect to my computer at all. It just says Waiting for connection and then times out every time. It used to work from my parents house right down the street but now it wont even work from there. How do I make it work from everywhere with WiFi? Is there some setting I need to change somewhere?
  2. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its probably because you have a low wifi signal. Try moving closer to your router. Dont go too far away from your house or you wont get a connection. If you use another connection make sure that it has a good signal.
  3. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I always have a full signal at school, my parents, and the hospital I go to school at but it will not connect. It works at home even with one bar....
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is completely normal.

You have to set it up to remotely connect to your computer. I'll type how and edit this post in a second.

1. Port forward 5900 to your computer's IP address. (Type "ipconfig/all in Command Prompt to find the IP)
    2. Go to IPChicken.com. Use that IP Address (Your public address)
    3. Enter that information into your iPod as a new connection (IP is from IPChicken, port 5900)

It should work, that was pretty much in a nutshell, PM me if you have more questions.
  5. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It would probably be useful to have two profiles, one for at home and one for outside your home network, since they will always have different addresses.
  6. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same issues with Cydia and Aim in school i found out it has to do with the Blocks that my district has it blocks all unrecognized sites and FB Myspace...etc
  7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm going to take a wild guess here...

Websense