Iyunes with another ipod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shashanknegi, May 17, 2010.

1. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so my friend jailbroke his ipod a few months ago and wants to unjailbreak it. he says its slow now a days, but instead of arguing with hom about mobile substrate add-ons which he doesnt get, i just decided to unjailbreak like he wanted me too. he wants me too update it so nothing happens.

so i have a new account on my PC ( vista ) with new itunes 9 that has songs saved into my hardrive ( ex: music that comes with the comp ).
    he has certain apps that i dont want him to loose in his ipod. i want to sync his ipod onto the new itunes in the new account but when i press transfer it wont do anything.

if there is anyway i can get rid of the entire jailbreak directly from the ipod please tell me.

basically i want to sync his apps, which its not letting me, and i want to update it without loosing any of his stuff, ( ex: apps/music )
  2. kevuk09

kevuk09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    have you authorized the new itunes?
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    He can redownload the apps for free if he's worrying about paying for them again.
  4. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah but i want to upgrade it, instead. what if i click uninstall in blackra1n?
  5. Toink

Toink New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no you can't remove the jailbreak just by uninstalling blackra1n, you need to restore it to completely remove the jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    shift and click on update ipod in iTunes, then select the 3.1.3 firmawre for his generation manually. He'll keep all unjailbroken apps and his ipod will go back to normal without losing music or apps.