iXpenseIt by FYI Mobileware

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by touch_iPod, Jun 1, 2009.

1. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    touch1979's review of iXpenseIt

iXpenseIt by FYI Mobileware

FYI's summary of iXpenseIt (from www.iXpenseIt.com)
    iXpenseIt simplifies daily expense tracking and monthly budgeting. Now you can record expenses anywhere, anytime within seconds. Store photo receipts is a snap. Customize your personal and business expenses with easy to understand reports. Take control of your money today with iXpenseIt!

iXpenseIt Home Screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

Key features of iXpenseIt:
    - Highly customizable and practical.
    - Visual indicator of monthly budget vs expenses.
    - Overview of Today's spending vs daily spending average.
    - Expense Summary of total, average expense per day and top expense of the month
    - Customize Detail / Simple monthly Budgets.
    - Store digital photo receipts.
    - Instantly generate graphical reports.
    - Dynamic reports view: Specify reports by criteria such as report by payment, by vendors, etc.
    - Customize icons for categories and subcategories.
    - Customize Expense Type, Payment and Vendor.
    - Records export with photo receipt attachment for quick expense approval/reimbursement.
    - Complete world currency list with build-in currency conversion utility.
    - Simple mileage / kilometer tracking with customizable reimbursement rate.
    - Password Protection - Protect your personal financial data and the ability to recover password if forgotten.ddPress

touch1979's Review of iXpenseIt
    This app is the numero uno expense tracker for the iPod touch and iPhone. iXpenseIt has great features such as the report generator that make it a complete app to record and monitor expenses, better than many similar apps for PC and other PDAs.

In addition, iXpenseIt is also fully customizable and users can change items such as the password protection, mileage, expense types, as well as currency conversion and VAT/GST. Budgets can also be set to Simple or Detailed, with the latter having individual budget figures for each category. For USD4.99, this app is certainly one of the best deals on the App Store!

In short, iXpenseIt is the most complete mobile expense app and this explains why Phil Baker (San Diego Transcript) commented that ""Phones finally are becoming computers". With iXpenseIt, you can never go wrong with tracking your expenses and budgets!

Rating

Interface: 10/10 - very intuitive and easy-to-see interface.

Price: 8/10 - at USD4.99, iXpenseIt is great value for money but it can be pricey for those from countries with weak forex rates agaunst the US$.

Usefulness: 9/10 - iXpenseIt is an expense tracker that is great for any1 who keeps a tight lid on monthly expenses, whether a student or working person. The categories are customizable and the reports feature (can be sorted according to day, week, month, category, etc.) is something that I don't find in many other expense apps out there... Of course the huge feature choices can be mind-boggling to some of you looking for a more straight-forward expense app though!

Overall: 9/10

Attached Files:

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice review. I recently bought a very similar app called BudgetCare. Doesn't look as useful or as good as this one but had many of the same features. What they really need to add is a data backup/sync feature to a desktop app.

Any crash issues wit this as BudgetCare crashes back to the Springboard at times when saving a new transaction? The transaction is saved but I have to restart the app... very inconvenient...
  3. touch_iPod

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Mate, i agree with u on the data backup/sync part... They really should have a desktop conduit like the one that syncs the iPod with MS Outlook via iTunes...

And as for crash issues, iXpenseIt does hang once in a while when I open up the month-view... Otherwise, the program is doing pretty well as the developers have been releasing updates on a frequent basis, to solve buggy issues...

4. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Stability seems similar to Budgetcare, though they haven't released a single update since I purchased. It hasn't been all that buggy so apart from a sync tool conduit there's probably not much call for updates.
  5. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hola touch1979! Great review. It has perfect spelling and everything. You might want to add a few other ratings to the review, for example interface, usefulness, etc. I noticed how you used a tiny bit of Spanish in your review. Might want to translate it and put it into brackets for those that don't understand.
  6. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I agree completely it is the best budget manager around. The best feature being backup/restore of the entire database. It also features a password protection system. I purchased it when it got released and I never regret it!!!
  7. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so does it have a sync back up!?!?!?! or not? confused...

8. touch_iPod

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Stu, unfortunately iXpenseIt has no sync backup... I think that's the advantage of Budgetcare as compared with iXpenseIt, although how come BC does not have any updates?

iXpenseIt updates their app quite frequently in fact, at least once or twice a month!

9. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is the most useful utility app I own. Thanks for the nice review.
  10. BudgetCare

BudgetCare New Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Hello everybody,
    Thanks for mentioning our BudgetCare app.

BudgetCare was recently updated with CSV export feature.
    Now you can send your expense records by email and analyze it using your descttop spreadsheet software.

Take a look at our app here:
    http://www.budgetcare.com/

or get it directly on AppStore