iWork for iPad just got updated to 1.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bahamutspirit, May 13, 2010.

1. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    In case you missed it, the update fixes a few import/export bugs and added support for more language.

Glad to see Apple still updates iWork. Now let's see if they can bring support for exporting to a location where all other apps on the same iPad can access...

Edit: OH THANK GOD! MENU IN LANDSCAPE FOR PAGES! I was just waiting for that one feature!

Now the iPad is complete for me... Not even missing fonts can sway this... as I can easily add fonts with iFile!
  2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    IceBerg is going to cream his pants over this.

Care to elaborate?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Sure. Using iFile, navigate to "/System/Library/Fonts/Cache/" and you can start throwing your own fonts in there. Afterwards, add an entry into the "CGFontCache.plist" located in "System/Library/Fonts/" and you will likely see it show up in Pages.

Supports the following extensions for fonts: *.ttc, *.ttf, *.otf

There are already "examples" inside the plist for setting up a new font entry so you can't miss it. If iFile would add an installer later on to do all that automatically for you, it would be sweet.

Edit: and you can use iFile's web server to upload fonts directly to the iPad, then use the iPad itself to fix font entries into CGFontCache. Alternatively, you may also download from the internet with the help of Safari Downloader. That's my setup so far, but... you just have to know that it works... beautifully.

oh and no respring or restart necessary, that's the true value there.
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sweet. Thanks.