ivoiceIII not receiving power?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by cubmoney, Feb 16, 2009.

1. cubmoney

cubmoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Need some help.I just got my ivoiceIII today. Installed Fring, Siphon, and iTalk. I tried to make a call, but the mic doesn't work. The call goes through. The person on the actual phone can talk and i can hear them with the headphones on ipod touch, but they can't hear me. I tried Fring and Siphon, no luck. The led is not lit either. I also tried iTalk, but whenever I record it records 00:00 minutes, so it's all silence no matter what.

What am I doing wrong?

I have 1g 32gb ipod touch with 2.2 fw.

EDIT: I ordered this from newegg.com. Is there a way to tell if the ivoiceiii is broken since there's no led light working? Should I use a friend's ipod touch to see if it works? or maybe a 5th generation ipod (if i can find someone who has one). I have 30 days to RMA it for an exchange.
  2. denmalley

denmalley New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had some trouble getting mine to work as well, same syptoms. Honestly don't know what worked eventually, but I tried all kinds of different order-of-operations, if you will. For example:

turn on ipod - plug in mic - launch app - plug in headphones
    plug in mic - plug in headphones - turn on ipod - launch app
    etc.

One other thing I noticed that it didn't seem to work for anything I tried for fring, then I installed a recording app and it started working for everything.

Sorry not much help but it might be a little to get you going. BTW the recording app I installed was supposed to be a "iphone only" app and I used the deviceid trick to get it to work on my 1st gen

Oh and by turn on ipod, I mean full power cycle, i.e hold down standby and slide to turn off, then turn back on.

EDIT

I just did a quick test, using griffin italk
    ipod was on, plugged in mic, launched app, pressed record and the led lit up. The meter responded to my voice. I think this was the app I had to trick into working on my 1g.
  3. jordskee

jordskee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try press the sleep button then when the screens black plug the mic in and it turn it on, it should work
  4. cubmoney

cubmoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies. As of right now, I'm restoring my ipod because I thought upgrading to fw 2.2.1 might help. I got it upgraded, jailbreaked, and now aptbackup is restoring cydia apps. After it restores, I'll get back to you. Restoring takes awhile, I have to also re-sync music, apps, and videos.

P.S. solutions i tried before upgrading included:
    - Turning off ipod, plugging in mic and headphones, starting ipod, opening fring or italk (no luck)
    - While ipod is on, plugging in mic while in sleep with headphones, starting app (no luck)
    - While ipod is on, plugging in mic while app is launched. (no luck)
    - While ipod is on, plugging in mic and headphones, respringing, launching app (no luck)

Can someone test if their light on their ivoiceIII does or does NOT light up if they do it any of the ways above. Because if it lights up, mine might be defective.

ok, i tried all of the above again on 2.2.1, no luck. What's the matter?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, Anyone have an answer to why there is no led. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your solution? Every youtube video I looked up shows the led comes up once a call has started on fring. One video says to have mic plugged in before launching Fring. In the video, the order was:
    - Ipod was already on, plugged in mic while on home screen, launched Fring, started call

When I try this it doesn't work. I'm starting to believe it's the mic. I need confirmation however because I don't want to waster $5 on shipping it back just to have it not work again. Thanks.
  5. jordskee

jordskee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    theres warranty on the mics, so why not try to get warranty
    Heres macally email, try emailing them but say you have the 3rd gen nano or something, not the touch cause theyll say, "it doesnt work with the ipod touch" Cause macally has no idea of this.

alright? lol
    techsupport@macally.com