Ivoice 3, I know, Too many threads.

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by Kisai, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Kisai

Kisai New Member

Yeah, I know there's a lot of threads about this. But I followed the instructions perfectly, I connect the R24 contact to the C16 contact. I removed the resistor, and the wire is all soldiered in. I plug it in, and get no warning. I try using fring, and the blue light doesn't come on. I'm on a jailbroken first gen, FW 2.2. I've found places that say it worked. Whta did I do wrong here? If you need a picture, I'll supply it.
  2. dzap

dzap New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Um..I'm kind of curious why on Earth you had to do all of that. I just got an iVoice Pro today in the mail..and it was just plug and play on my Touch G1 FW 2.2...speaker and the mic...I'm told it should be the same for the regular iVoice 3 with FW 2.2..what exactly were you trying to accomplish?
  3. Kisai

Kisai New Member

Well, I found a bunch of tutorials and stuff online that said to do that.. I dunno. I can just undo the wire....
  4. dzap

dzap New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I see..I believe that was for an older FW version from a few quick searches..if you have FW 2.2 though..it's just plug and play..I found someone else that said they had a hacked one and it still worked so maybe you have a dud? Not sure..try unsoldering it..

Please Register or Log in to view images