iVIoce II mic used to work, now doesn't - OS or bad connection?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thesoundsmith, Nov 18, 2009.

1. thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Before I upgraded to the latest OS 3.12, my unbroken 16G 2G Touch could use the MacAlly iVoice III mic (despite some initial issues with solid contact when I first got it, I used it a number of times without issue.)

Now, with OS 3.12 I plug it in and use an audio app - the very first time I activate the mike it works great, then I get the "This accessory is not supported by this iPod" message. I then have to wait several hours before I can re-plug in the mic.

Two questions, please:
    1: Can someone with a straight 3.12 2G and iVoice III verify that their mic still works fine or not, and

2: Does anyone know if the Blue Mikey has the same problem? (If it's my connection the answer is yes, but...)
  2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iVoice III does not work on 3.1 or newer.
    And buy a real mic if you have a 2G. They're compatible.
  3. nuckfumbertheory

nuckfumbertheory New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine worked on 3.12 for one recording and it worked as a speaker for a bit then it decided to stop. WTF
  4. thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I;m not sure how you are defining a 'real mic.' If you mean Apple's earbud, dangling mic, it's totally useless for my needs (play the Wivi instrument while blowng into the dangling mic - yeah, right. And then there's the fact that I cannot use earbuds, they always fall out of my ears and have crap for bass response.)

I would get a Blue Mikey if I knew it would work, but now I have to be concerned with Apple's greed again. They have cost me many thousands of dollars over the years by playing the policy-bait-and-switch game (starting with the Apple III.) Why buy a $90 mic only to have Apple totally arbitrarily disable it? Such a powerful box to be crippled by that SOB Jobs - just to sell more iPhones...