I've tried reading the tutorials and now will admit

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by Sianspheric, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

that I am confused as hell and will just hope someone can spare me a few quick replies.

ive tried the search features but for some reason the things I find only vaguely go over what I am looking to do, or they outright go over my head. unless someone can specifically point me in the right direction, or assist.

please, thanks.

I've jailbroken the touch, I've installed WS_FTP pro, downloaded the apps pack, now....apparently I'm supposed to use the wifi IP address in the touch to log in and transfer the files over (right?) but first I have to change the files to "change file permission to 755 via ftp".

my ipods IP is (from the wifi setting screen for my connection) is 192.168.2.3, so using the WS_FTP program, I still could not login (using user: root, pass: alpine), and how exactly do I change the permissions??, just select the apps and right click and permissions should be there??

thank you for any advice
  2. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

You're looking at your wifi mac address. To find your IP address, go into settings, hit wifi, and choose a signal. When you get a little check, click the blue arrow in the same row. Your current ip address should be listed there, under "IP Address."

If you've already jailbroken your touch, you can get the iphone apps without messing with ftp. I've tried to describe the process in as much detail as possible. Here's a link to the thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4511

Hope this helps, good luck!
  3. curlbigtimeballn

curlbigtimeballn New Member

dude, first you need to go to the wi-fi tab then you need to go to the network you are connected to, click that blue arrow and there you will find the ipods ip address, then go to the WFT client and make a new connection with the root and alpine thing. If you have anymore questions email me curlbigtimeballn@aol.com.

P.S. Dont change the permissions until there on the touch!!
  4. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

Ok, I've managed to connect, finally.

Now lets see if I can copy the apps over without f**king up too much, thanks guys.
  5. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

Ok, ive managed to transfer everything over to the correct folders on the touch, where do I change the permissions??
  6. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

working!!!

now lets hope it doesnt crash, lol.

thank you ifans.com and the whole community!