ive tried literally, everything

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rachel42, Dec 26, 2007.

1. rachel42

rachel42 New Member

im one of the many that have the problem connecting to wifi, and everytime i try to go on safari it says 'cannot connect to server'. ive searched everywhere on this site and have done many different methods on how to get my wifi working and none of them have worked. i even went to the Apple store and a worker restored my touch and connected it to the Apple wifi network... and it was working fine for a few minutes until i couldnt use that network anymore and then it went back to the same cannot connect crap. once i got home and tried to use my (strong) home network and i tried to restore it and nothing happened.
    pleaseee help me with possibily something different, thanks.
  2. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Do you have a special kind of router?
    From what I've heard there's some special kind of router that's not supported fully or something.
  3. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    if you have to put in a password to connect to the wifi, you probably need to take it off. i had the same problem.
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Main question: Are there any other wireless networks in your immediate area that your iPod Touch picks up when you try and connect?
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You don't need to take it off, just type it in to your ipod!!
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

No, he means going into the settings for that network and tapping on "forget network." This is useful if, for example, if your router changes your device's IP address while your device thinks it's still at the old address. In these cases you sometimes have to forget the network and reconnect to it.
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Another suggestion I saw was to try to connect in Safari to http://72.14.207.99 (which is Google) - if you can get to Google, it's just your DNS that's messed up most likely. Just have to enter the DNS my hand into your iPod Touch...