I've tried everthing to unbrick my jailbroken ipod 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by D1sfuncti0nal, Feb 24, 2009.

1. D1sfuncti0nal

D1sfuncti0nal New Member

okay so i have a jailbroken ipod touch 2g 16gb. i jailbroke it using voltage because cyw00d wouldnt give me that white screen on step five. anyways, i was bringing it to my friends house about a week after i jbroke it to sync with his music. i got the "usb device not recognized" at the bottom. i went on youtube and tried everything to restore it but it seems it wont go into dfu mode because all the jailbreaking programs ive used to restore are saying that i have not put into it. i know how to put it into dfu because i had to boot it up through the program that voltage gives you several times. i am fearful that this might actually be a bricked ipod.

some facts about the ipod:
    i have not messed with ssh or command prompt
    i have only put two themes on there through cydia (steelers and vista)
    i tried installing the flash program iMobilecinema, which has its glitches
    i installed the five icon dockflow

please help! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  2. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. nico1159

nico1159 New Member

4. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  5. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

It isn't bricked. GOD! How many flippin times do we have to say this? The USB not recognized thing is GOOD. Just hold Home+Sleep/Wake from there and enter DFU. You can boot from there.
  6. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

enter dfu mode. this is the whole NORMAL procedure of the tethered boot; i wish people like you would really read before you attempt stuff like this.

also, +1 on the brick thread count. i think we're up to almost 10 or more now.
  7. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Bro, there were like thousands of them on here.
    Every day at least 3 people write a thread about it and on the first few days when redsn0w was released, there were like 10 - 20 threads per day >.>
  8. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

9. D1sfuncti0nal

D1sfuncti0nal New Member

ok. well i cant enter dfu mode for some reason, ive used both boot helpers from voltage and the one provided in this thread, both of which say no iPod/iPhone found. i know how to enter dfu. ive done it before but now i cant get it into since i tried it at my buddies house a couple days ago. am i missing something here? yes, i have libusb installed. i am actually now on the computer i jailbroke the ipod with. the usb not recognized thing still comes up at the bottom of my screen so thats promising. is there any other way to get it into dfu?
  10. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since it has been a couple of days, it probably needs to be charged. Just plug it into a wallcharger or a xbox 360 for that matter. Do not use a computer for it! Let it charge for 30 minutes, it won't show it's charging though. Plug it back into your computer and do the dfu routine.