I've read just about every Tut.. JAILBREAKING 3G 8 GB HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fernando3ml, Apr 24, 2010.

1. fernando3ml

fernando3ml New Member

I bought the ipod touch 3G 8 GB brand new comes with the 3.1.3 version.

so...

I tried the blackra1n deal, it would run, pop up saying it'd be done after it rebooted donate money etc, then the screen would go to the wire and itune screen. and then eventually just BLACK... so I'd wait... nothing.. hold power and square (home), restart it and the blackra1n wasn'tt installed... still 3.1.3...

so...

I tried reading the redsnow or whatever but I couldn't do it because of the tuts i was reading for some reason so I read i should downgrade my brand new one to the 2G "iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore" deal... it would go through the whole thing, then start doing that loading thing with apple symbol then BAM, ERROR 28....then... BLACK SCREEN... so I did the same power +home thing for like 15 seconds again... nothing... same with the cord and itunes then black thing...

so...

I tried running blackra1n with the error 28 deal from the attempted downgrade thing... it went through, i reset it with power+home, and it STARTED UP WITH 3.1.3 AGAIN! ALL MY APPS TOO! I WAS LIKE HUH?!

so i tried again and it just went back to the first step i tried...

SOOOOOOOOOO......

after reading and reading... im getting under the impression that the BRAND NEW 3G 8 GB CAN'T be jailbroken? if i can... how?

Im doing this so i can use the verizon mifi and skype app. i want the calling and texting all the time but skype will only work with that backgrounder deal all the time... i need it to be on all the time so i can receive and call...

is there by any chance an app LIKE backgrounder that's not jailbreak-material? I'll use it if i must...

you can respond to this or my email fernando3ml@yahoo.com

THANKS GUYS!
  2. The Untouchable iPod

The Untouchable iPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    please search before you post.
    while yes it is possible for it to be jailbroken the devs arnt releasing it because 4.0 is about to come out and if they post it apple will fix it. so for now just be patient 4.0 should be out in june or july (well probably) and they will prob release the jailbreak soon after the release

EDIT: also the "iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore" is for 2nd Gen iPod touches you have a 3rd gen. the hard ware is different and different hardware means a different OS build
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    To the last post:
    Since he has an 8GB, he can downgrade with 2G firmware because the 8GB has the exact same hardware as the 2G, except with all the hardware exploits patched out.
  4. fernando3ml

fernando3ml New Member

so you say wait till june or july? aww dang... and i've been researching a lot just everytime i read it seemed like everyone had a slightly different problem. thanks though.

is there an app like backgrounder i can pay for right now? I need to run the skype program all the time to receive and call..
  5. skymoon31

skymoon31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just bought mine and i jailbroke it.
  6. fernando3ml

fernando3ml New Member

7. skymoon31

skymoon31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
  8. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Wow.

1. Your on 3.1.3 which is has not been jailbroken for 3gen iPods.
    2. Downgrade to 3.1.2.
    3. Lol.
  9. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You tried to do this, correct?
  10. fernando3ml

fernando3ml New Member

i tried downgrading to the ipod touch 2 GEN the SECOND GEN.

3.1.2 and it gave me error 28