iOS 3.1 ive never jailbroken before. Tips?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Alec Simmons, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Alec Simmons

Alec Simmons New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive never jailbroken my ipod touch before and my friend is always bragging to me about how his is and i REALLY want mine jailbroken so when the 3.1.2 jailbreak comes out someone please give me some tips that will help my jailbreaking experience easier.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uh, I would stay on 3.1.1 if I were you. Wait until Geohot, the iPhone Dev team, or Chronic Dev give the okay to update your iPod to 3.1.2.
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

when apple makes a new firmware where the third number is the update, then you dont need to wait for a new jailbreak. if you have a windows, then you have to wait. if you have a mac, ten you can get a program called PwnageTool. what it does is take the raw firmware file that you would find in the mac file system, edit it to make it "pre-jailbroken", and allow you to jailbreak your phone/touch after the "pwning" of the firmware. pwning is the term used to described the jailbreaking of an idevice. it is highly recommend that you jailbreak. it is a whole lot of fun that other idevice users dont realize is available. ask your friend. they will be able to help you if you decide to jailbreak.
  4. Alec Simmons

Alec Simmons New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok thank you.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    what i was gonna do is i was gonna let my friend borrow it then just let him jailbreak it. but idrk if i should.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if you have access to a computer, I recommend doing it yourself. It's not too hard nowadays. Btw from what I've read PwnageTool doesn't jailbreak 3.1.2.
  6. Alec Simmons

Alec Simmons New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that itouch bull is fake fake fake?!!!
  7. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wait till geohot releases which MIGHT be tonight or tomorrow NOONE KNOWS FOR SURE. then there should be guides pop up everywhere like here and youtube and follow the trusted guides so noone leads u into trouble
  8. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Stay on the firmware you are on right now, and then use blackra1n to jailbreak your device this weekend...