I've lost my software upgrade!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iJayIpodTouch, Apr 30, 2008.

1. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

Okay. So, last night my iPod screwed up the same way it did the last time I had to restore. Here's what I did:

Last night before I headed to bed, I tried to change a theme in Summerboard. Whilst it was trying to respring, the loading circle came up and kept doing that for 5 minutes. Then I held down the home and sleep buttons but after the iPod turned off, I just let go and turned it back on. It was doing the same thing only it did it at the Apple logo.

So, now I come home and plug it into my computer and restore it through iTunes. Everything seems to be working fine and my iTunes store account is there and stuff and it's restoring and all of a sudden when it's done, I get the page that shows the January Software Upgrade information. I've already purchased the $20 upgrade in the past, actually the 5th day it was out. But, now I don't have my extra applications. I really want to get them back, but I don't want to get them back with a jailbreak. I'd rather have them regular. All the other times that it has screwed up like this it always gave my apps back.

So, can anyone help me with this? I would REALLY appreciate it. I'll try to fix it while I wait.
  2. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    get them from ipodtouchmasters repo
  3. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

I don't want them from a jailbreak.
  4. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

I'd also like to add that this is the same computer that I bought the software upgrade on. Although, my dad recently wiped the computer (Almost one week after the beginning of April). Could that have something to do with it? When I authorize my computer, it says that "You have used 2 authorized machines out of your total 5." Why is it recognizing this as another machine? Is the software upgrade stored on the computer?
  5. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

there have been people in the past i believe that contacted apple complaining because when they restored they lost their upgrade pack. They will most likely credit you back, if you bug them =p
  6. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    the software is stored on your computer to upgrade your ipod...
  7. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

crap it is isnt it! yeah idk the location bcuz i didn't buy but try:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\

thats for windows...i think
  8. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

I find that highly effed up. Apple should be smart enough to place it on the account and not on the computer because they should think of what happens with viruses, bugs, and computers crashing down. I am going to bug them.
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes it might have something to do with your dad wiping your computer. iTunes recognizes that you have purchased these January applications through DRM (Digital Rights Management) although it might be possible that because your dad wiped your computer, it does not remember that you purchased them?

Also, why don't you want to get back the applications through jailbreak?
  10. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

Do they work the same as if I purchased them?