I've looked everywhere for instructions on how to jailbreak my iPod but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipod2g, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ipod2g

ipod2g New Member

I had an iPod 2g that I'd jailbroken before but I restored it because of some issues I'd been having.

The top button on my iPod stopped working so I took it to the Apple store and got it replaced. I got an identical 2g iPod. I don't remember if 3.1.3 was installed on it already but I think I remember updating it once it was at home.

I really need to jailbreak it. I can't stand not having it jailbroken. I've tried downgrading it to 3.1.3 but it says that the file isn't compatible when I try to restore it from the downloaded file. I don't have a new iPod though, it's still a 2g. I tried resetting it but it still had 3.1.3 on it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Check if it's an MC Model. Settings>General>ABout>Model and also check the firmware.

To jailbreak run Sn0wbreeze.
  3. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    downgrade your firmware-dowload at-[REDACTED]-grab the 3.1.2 and downgrade to that-use balckra1n for the jailbreak.
  4. ipod2g

ipod2g New Member

I managed to jailbreak my iPod with blackra1n but whenever I try to install Cydia, my internet connection times out. I can download things quite quickly on my computer and things usually load at an average speed in Safari. Apps sometimes take a while to download, though. Is there another tool I can use to jailbreak my iPod 2G on Windows 7?
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Dosent redsn0w work on windows 7? I may be wrong, but I think it does.
  6. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Just a little, redsn0w freezes and you have to restart redsn0w
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    redsn0w doesn't freeze, if it does, it's a problem with the computer. upgrade to 3.1.3 if its NOT an MC model, and jailbreak with redsn0w.
  8. ipod2g

ipod2g New Member

I installed redsn0w and it worked. However, whenever I try to install the upgrades required with Cydia, they don't download. I've tried to download Winterboard which didn't work either. I downloaded a theme, though, it downloaded pretty quickly but I can't use it if I can't download Winterboard.

I get a POSIX error. I think it says that. I get it every time.
  9. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    the sources in that version of Cydia need to be updated. Just click on the changes tab, click on refresh. Once it's done just upgrade everything(Complete Upgrade) and then everything should work.
  10. ipod2g

ipod2g New Member

It doesn't say refresh anywhere. At the top it said Update (2) though and I clicked that. Got the error:

"http://apt.saurik.com
    POSIX: Operation timed out"

It happened while it was downloading OpenSSL

EDIT: I didn't see the refresh because it was already downloading. But I still get an error at the top where it's downloading.

It says:
    "Error: Refreshing Data
    Failed to fetch http://repo.smxy.org/cydia/apt/dists/xena/Release.gpg NetDB: Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known"