Ive just bought a Speaker System dock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kargo, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey guys, I just bought an iPod Speaker System/Dock for my iPod Touch. Im really impressed with it, especially the fact that the ipod can just stand nicely thanks to the dock and the sound quality is nice.

When I connect the ipod to listen to some music with the speakers, I place it on the dock. The dock as well as playing the music through the speakers, charges the ipod. Im sure this is a nice feature but it makes me a little bit concerned. If ive just charged my ipod to full using my PC and then want to use the speaker system, the ipod touch will charge more through the speaker dock and obviously I dont need it to keep charging all the time.

Is it normal for ipod speaker systems to charge the ipod automatically as well as play the music? and is it a risk to keep using it as the automatic charge may cause damage to the ipod touch battery?

I hope you can all understand what I mean

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Lithium-Ion batteries can be overcharged, it doesn't damage the battery. They deplete at a constant rate unrelated to charge amount.
  3. 401402

401402 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

where did u buy it?
    Whats it called?
    How much?
  4. Dmac_rocker

Dmac_rocker Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It is normal for the speaker dock to charge the iPod while listening to it.
    You should not have to worry about over charging your iPod. I don't believe that this is an issue. The only thing that would damage your iPod would be that somehow it short circuts.

Source: I have a charging/speaker dock for my iPod which has not affected the battery life.

Hope this helps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    For the past week, the only time it has been off charge has been when I'm going from the computer to my bedroom, where I have a plug-in charged for my iPhone, and then if im out, so I have left mine on charge for 7 days for about 120 hours