I've jailbroken my iPod BUT...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Shinigaml, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Shinigaml

Shinigaml New Member

Hi, yesterday I got Cydia and all that to work. I've noticed my iTunes still tells me I need a restore or a backup to my original stuff. So I did the backup assuming it will give me back all my songs and movies + apps.

While it was doing that, I decided to sleep. I come back today with the thing in the bottom right of my screen saying "device not recognized by windows" or w/e it was. And I have to reboot and get it into DFU mode again. I basically followed step 13 and i'm at the same part i was before. I'm scared to do another backup because it takes awhile and yea...

If anyone has a solution for this or if I'm doing something wrong, please guide me.

PS: The only program I have is Cydia, is that correct or am I supposed to get more than one.
  2. stillercity

stillercity New Member

You're only supposed to get Cydia (and all the default programs). I guess just don't back up your iPod, this is a very peculiar case though.
  3. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    when you restore through itunes choose setup as a new ipod, that may be messing u up.
  4. Shinigaml

Shinigaml New Member

Yea.. I wish I knew what caused my iPod to do that...

"Device not recognized by windows"

And I couldn't turn my iPod back on unless i went into DFU again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So I HAVE to restore through iTunes? And if so, what file do I use to choose for setup? (file name?)