I've got physical damage from my laptop!

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by mclaurin10, Jul 5, 2008.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've got physical damage from my laptop but its out of warranty,

this is a refurb model that Dell sent me a while back the screen freaks out whenever I move it, it is a laptop (duh) and I can still use it if the screen is on the right angel, but today I was using my laptop and I smelled something burning then my computer burned me, (on my legs!)

Now I am out of warrenty so is there anything I can do, I mean if a system does physical damage to you is the company (Dell in this case) obligated to replace it for free?

Just a quick note by the way, When I got the refurbished system from dell because my other one broke it didnt have as good of hardware as my original one did.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Absolutely, check the laptop for any disclaimers as to heat, and if there are none, you could contact them about the physical damage (take pictures of the burns for reference) and request compensation.
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks, thats what I was hoping for, I think the hardest part wil be getting them to listen to me on the off warranty line.