I've bricked my iPod touch (After playing around with some folders)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mazafaka, May 1, 2010.

1. mazafaka

mazafaka New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi there,
    yesterday I tried to install some stuff onto my iPod but I didn't work. Because I didn't want to give up I started moving files in /usr folder. Suddenly my iPod started rebooting but never really finished. It shows the apple logo for about 10 minutes, the the screen flashes and the booting process starts again in loops. Fortunately I've backed up every thing, the only thing I need help in is how to put them backup back onto my iPod? Is there a way to do that in DFU mode? Because SSH can't work untill the system is booted. I was hoping iFunbox might help because i connect without SSH dependency, but remembered that it also depends on other stuff.
    At the moment I'm kinda stuck.
    I can restore the iPod but it'll be a nightmare getting all the music back on it again, because I use manual sync.

Please help guys (lads are also welcome).
    Thanks!
  2. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only thing you can do is backup all the files you have on your iPod Touch, BUT DO NOT update it to 3.1.3. Instead download the 3.1.2 firmware, then Shift + Click on Restore, then choose the firmware.

EDIT: BTW, Make sure you choose the right firmware for the right iPod Touch generation. For e.g. iPod Touch 3G would be iPod,Touch,3,1 3.1.2 and so on.
  3. mazafaka

mazafaka New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem is that I don't know how to access the file system when the device is in DFU mode.
  4. Jayden

Jayden Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well that's a problem because I don't know either. Do you have your music saved elsewhere?
    ------------------edit below------------------
    Ohh and by the way, is your device jailbroken, and if you have the jailbreaking tool, try running the tethered boot.
  5. mazafaka

mazafaka New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, but there is a big mess in the iTunes library because I moved and renamed my music folders.

And yes, it's jailbroken. I jb it with with blackra1n the first day it was released. So I doubt it'll help or that there's an option to boot it with this.

---

Just tried it, but it's stuck on waiting for device because iTunes didn't recognize it yet because it's not running, and DFU doesn't work either.