I've been waiting a while for this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canesfan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Today, I will be hopefully be getting an iPhone 4! I have some questions I want to clear up first.
    1. Which size should I get? I can afford both, and I have 13 GB of Music and 12 GB of movies.
    2. Is there any case that I should get? Like one better than the rest?
    3. I am planning on getting MobileMe, is it a good buy?
    4. Is there anything else I should consider buying?
  2. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why do you need MobileMe?
  3. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. 32GB, but you can make the music take up less space by converting it to 128kbps in iTunes. Still, I suggest 32GB.

2. I have a Hard Graft Heritage pouch, a Hard Graft Pocket Case (also a pouch), a white Bumper, and I'm waiting on a Vapor case from ElementCASE as well as an Incase Snap (clear) from Apple. Any of these are good.

3. MobileMe is only worth it if you use Find My iPhone IMO. Other features like online storage can be easily replaced by Dropbox for free.

4. Consider getting an AV Cable and a dock from Apple if you're into hooking up your phone to a larger screen or a sound system. Certainly helps with Hulu Plus if you plan to get that.
  4. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Congrats, im sure you will love it.
    1. If you are planning on syncing all your media to your phone, I would suggest going for the 32GB, as you will still need memory for photos and HD videos from the camera.
    2. There is already a load of cases out for the iPhone 4, and a lot of threads about them on the forum, have a search arpund so you can find one that fits your needs, I suggest going for a well known brand rather than cheapy knockoffs.
    3. I have never actually used mobileme, and I dont know anyone that has, so I cant give much info on that, but it depends on if you want the useful features like "Find my iPhone"
    4. Buy a decent case, I also suggest buying some decent earphones and maybe a dock/speaker.
  5. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well i want MobileMe specifically for Find my iPhone. Thanks for all the help guys!
  6. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So you got 16GB? So did I.
  7. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea I decided on the 16GB. I'll just sync less stuff. But I love it, its great.
  8. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I put my rap music and Paramore and other stuff on my iPhone and kept everything else on my iPod. Also I got a few useful apps. If you're looking to upload HD video to YouTube directly then get PixelPipeHD from the AppStore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    O I have another question.. when the imminent comex jailbreak comes out, will the iPhone 4 be jailbreakable?
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes it will, hence all of the hullabaloo surrounding it.