iOS 3.1 I've been living in a cavern for the last few months, need info ^^

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by petrus6, Dec 6, 2009.

1. petrus6

petrus6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone =)

Like the title says, I have not kept in touch with the iPod/jailbreak community for the last few month, and I would need some info about jailbreaking, I hope some of you could bring me some help =)

Here is the situation : I have an iPod touch 2G jailbroken in 3.0. I've read that 3.1.2 is now jailbreakable and unterthered for ipt2g. So my questions are :

1-) Should I upgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak ?
    2-) What are the new features in this last version of the firmware ?
    3-) Does the 3.1.2 version increase the device autonomy ? Cause I find my iPod runs ever faster out of battery, and since I travel to london in a week, I would like it to provide me with music for the 18 hours I have to spend in the bus ^^

Thanks for all the aswers you could give me

Please Register or Log in to view images

See ya guys.

Petrus6.
  2. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yup you should. Just update too 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackra1n. Although it says its a tethered jailbreak, mine isnt and i have a 2g. For the battery thing, turn of bluetooth if it's on and turn the brightness right down, that should help.
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well...i don't know about the battery, but my ipod lasts a good 34-36 hours without wifi, when im only listening to music. here are a few tips:

turn wifi and bluetooth off when you're not using them.
    minimize game playing. (example: Call of duty, Need for Speed, eliminate pro, etc)
    turn brightness as low as you're comfortable with.
    turn off OpenSSH if you use that...

^those should help!!

-narwal13
  4. petrus6

petrus6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your tips, I already do what you say, I have not watched very precisely how long my battery lasts, but my iPod is growing old, so let's say that a reducing autonomy is a normal side-effect ^^ So, appart from autonomy (whether it improves it or not), what are advantages and disadvantages of 3.1.2 firmware ?
    Thanks =)
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of people on this forum just stay on 3.0 because there is not enough big changes in 3.1.2 to actually update. And they don't want to go through the whole rejailbreaking, redownloading, rethemeing process for a few small updates.
  6. petrus6

petrus6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, but what are, for instance, new features of the 3.2.1 ? I might be interested in one of them... (I've read about those new features, but the same thing is not said everywhere, so I think the expericience from somebody who has tested it would be better ^^ )
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

These are the updates after 3.0:

8. petrus6

petrus6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nothing wonderful in fact ^^ Thanks a lot for your help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Last question before i don't bother you anymore : Since I'm already jailbroken in 3.0, must I go through the whole jailbreak process again if I update to 3.1.2, or a classical update with iTunes will keep my data and jailbreak safe ?
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

10. petrus6

petrus6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh, a last question I've remembered today : If I find myself in trouble with 3.1.2, can I dowgrade back to 3.0 ? (and if I can, do I need to do something special except DFU+restore ? )
    Thanks =)