iTV to Include Netflix

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by qaiz, Aug 31, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Some new news has just been revealed surrounding the new Apple TV that is said to be revamped tomorrow. The news comes from Bloomberg Businessweek in the form of Netflix streaming.

The news says that Netflix streaming will be brought to the iTV device and revealed tomorrow at the special event. It is also said that Apple are in the talks with News Cops about bringing Tv rentals from networks including FOX for 99 Cents. Apple are also talking to CBS and to ABC-parent company Disney.

This, however would be the first time Apple have preloaded their own device with services that actually compete with their own iTunes. With that said, NetFlix is also available on the Appstore for the iPad and recently for the iPhone, so it wouldn't be out of the question, especially since Apple want this iTV to sell and leverage the momentum of the device.

Many people may just buy this $99 iTV just for Netflix, and thats when they will start to use Apples other offerings such as the Apps, Movie rentals and other purchased content...well we will see what happens tomorrow.
  2. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    released tomorrow? Wasnt it supposed to be released on the day the iPod touch 4 comes out?
  3. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Isn't the iPod touch 4 suppost to be realeased tommorow?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Or are you talking about when the iPod Touch 4 goes up for purchase?
  4. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well, since the offer of getting the macbook and an iPod touch for free ends the 7th of september, the conference has to be after that date, no?
  5. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm guessing the iPod will be realesed tommorow but not put up for sale
  6. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    don't they always just officially announce it and sell it later?
  7. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah,Its not going to be released tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect a long interval from the event and the day it will be sold

8. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    So we will find out all the info and the new iPod will be unvieled but will not be up for sale yet. Am I correct?
  9. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yh I Doubt it will be up for sale straight away, because most people who would want one will be at the event anyways and most people will be watching the live stream like "WTF!"

The last thing that was released on the same day it was announced was the Sega Saturn back in 1995

Most likely it will be unveiled at the event and they will have demo models at the event for people to play with and for the media to hype up.
  10. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Okay, I am so exited, I have been thinking and even dreaming of the new iPod touch all week