iTV Controller Concept is an iPhone Sans Screen

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Aug 28, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Probably, just opening the iTV up for apps to be made for it, thus not being able to actually use any of the app store apps currently, only ones made specifically for the iTV, but could be wrong, I just can't see them packaging something that awesome for the $99 price point.
  3. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Possibly, but they could be subsidizing the price with future app sales. (which they will only get if they open the full App Store to it)
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It would need a new app store... The current resolution of current apps is too bad.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would think that the iTV, as we are dreaming of it today, would end up being controlled by a remote control (perhaps a clickwheel?), but there would also be an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app to control it in a much more Apple-esque way. That's kind of how I'm looking at it.
  6. kockgunner

kockgunner New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So there would be a cursor on the screen? Why didn't they just make the Magic Trackpad more couch friendly so it would be more appealing for someone who has one to buy an iTV since they already have all the necessary equipment?
  7. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Prehaps this will be a gaming console at a small. You know maybe they will package a video game remote control with this which will one day make it's debut into the bigger games and already we've seen EA and Activision make games for the iPod and iPhone why not iTV.
  8. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Haha wow. I missed the word "concept" at first and I almost rushed to apple.com to see the awesome new screenless iPod Touch!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I thought that the iPhone its self will be the controller? Or the iPod Touches, that would mean the millions of people who have iOS Devices will be eligible to play?

Or maybe the magic Trackpad?
  10. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the mock up that was on the front page has potential, but I think doing a iPod touch bundle makes more sense, maybe at least the 2g MC one.