Itunes....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kckid12, Jul 17, 2008.

1. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

I have 1.1.4 and from what i am reading i should not try 2.o jailbreak yet. Can I still get games form itunes, how do i know which games will be for 1.1.4 and not 2.0 does it automatically give me all the games i can buy once i connect itouch to computer and go into itunes store? thanks. Once i buy a game does it download straight to ipod touch? last question say my itouch bugs out like it has once or twice using vwallpaper...can i get the games i bought back after i do a restore? or is that money i just threw away? thanks for the help.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can't put games from the App Store on 1.1.4. You need 2.0. You can buy as many apps as you want in iTunes, and then put them on your iPod later. After you restore, everything is backed up for you.
  3. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

so in order to buy games i have to have 2.0? apps once i buy them they go on itouch, correct? SO in order to play games i have to get 2.0? maybe i should just restore itouch and buy everything then...I love the jailbreak featues but some of them are getting old to play and i have not found that many "cool" apps that i think the itouch is capable of...if i jailbreak itouch i dont have to buy $10 fee for ipod software do i?
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can buy games without 2.0, but you can't use them until you update. More and more applications are on their way, and this is just the beginning. You still need to buy the firmware to jailbreak it.
  5. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

but I can't buy firmware if i have jailbroken 1.1.4 correct? Whe woul du suggest trying to jailbreak 2.0? I mean it took them months to finally come out with 1.1.4 and it works like a charm...If I mainly want itouch for games and apps... What would u suggest doing? the main difference from jail braking and a normal i pod is 3rd party apps and free stuff right?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so in order to get 2.0 I would need to restore ipod.....buy firmware 2.0 and then....wait? U think they will eventually put a "installer" type app on 2.0 jailbroken version? Just weighing my options thanks for the advice. So if i jailbreak ipod touch 2.0 i can buy itunes games from them and play them...but until i get 2.0 i can't play games? But i can download apps and use those from the itunes store?