iTunes won't sync with iPod for some reason

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PBaller182, Feb 11, 2008.

1. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

I have a 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPod and iTunes 7.6. Every time I hook it up to my computer, a window pops up from iTunes saying:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have tried firmware 1.1.1, 1.1.2, iTunes 7.4 and 7.5, but every time that message just pops up. My iTunes doesn't even see the iPod after that message pops up, and Windows sees it as a camera/scanner:

Please help and thanks!
  2. beezy

beezy New Member

what i would do...
    restart comp- then try
    or, uninstall Itunes, uninstall Quiktime, and go to apple's website, get the newest itunes, and let it instlal a newer/newest version of quikime, then try...as for ur stuffs, put it all on a external, flash drive CD or somewere safe on ur comp...hope this helps
    oh and if worse comes to worse, restore with sum other program, i no there are a few threads on diff prigrams that can do this floating round on this site. good luck

3. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

I did what you told me to do, but same thing comes up. I don't know if this will help solve my problem, but heres what I found out:
    -Double clicked My Computer
    -Double clicked Apple iPod
    Nothing here. No files, nothing
    Maybe there supposed to be some missing files there that I don't have? Can someone check what comes up when you go to "My Computer" and then double click your iPod icon and tell me what's there?
  4. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

i dont know about the rest of the people on here (prolly most, if not all)...

......but my ipod doesn't show up on MyComputer... I don't think it should either, none of my other iPods have ever done that..
  5. beezy

beezy New Member

it will only show up in your computer, if u set it to be used in disk mode, and idk about the touch and this feature, its not a HD its a flash drive, so i dont think it can be used like that, like other ipods (ie. ipod video 30GB)