itunes wont reconiz my ipod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by SmexyPenguin18, Jul 6, 2008.

1. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok i was trying to update my ipod from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 so i could then pwn it so i clicked update in itunes then it updated to 1.1.4 but now my ipod dosnt show up in itunes and i dont no if this is important but my music,videos, and, itunes crash right away wen i open them im going to try to uninstall itunes then reinstall it to see if that works
  2. ipodtoucherd

ipodtoucherd New Member

I had the same, But my Itunes didn't crashed. I opened Ziphone and clicked 'Enter restore mode' and Itunes saw my ipod! So i restored it. And then jailbroke 1.1.4
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Go into a) DFU or b) Restore mode.

and c) make sure the iPod is plugged directly into the USB hub on the computer.
  4. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wearmaize suggested going into DFU mode or restore mode and i agree with him but i just wanted to say that you should use ZiPhone to enter those modes cus that could prevent some problems, but if you have to re-jailbreak, use iLiberty, its better.
  5. whassuo

whassuo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

Yeah, that's what I recommend too.

Also, try a different USB hub.
  6. joewnn

joewnn New Member

maybe a little late but I did the exact same thing and I will tell you how I fixed it.

Hold the power button and the home button at the same time, until you see it turn off. When it turns back on, let go of the power button and hold only the home button. Soon you will see the connect to itunes image. Connect it and it will be fixed.
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That happens to be what you do to enter recovery/restore mode

An easier way would be to turn off your iPod and disconnect it from anything. Then hold down Home as you plug it into your computer.