Itunes won't recognize Ipod Touch 8gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TouchJunkie, Apr 17, 2009.

1. TouchJunkie

TouchJunkie New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

My ipod won't connect to itunes and it doesn't show up on my computer. It's really frustrating. Any ideas on how to make it connect? And will someone explain "Jailbreaking" and "DFU". You'll have to excuse my n00bness.

PS I know this has probably been addressed a million and a half times. -.- I can't find it in the plethora of threads though.
  2. uneedhelp

uneedhelp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't worry about it mate, I figured out exactly what jailbreaking was yesterday, when I first jailbroke it. You can screw around with it after jailbreaking and that will be the explaination you'll ever get.

DFU mode is... basically the mode that your ipod needs to be in to start pre-jailbreaking and load jailbreaking firmware. Don't mess with it unless you need to.

As for your ipod not connecting, uninstall and reinstall itunes, and update to the latest version. Etc.

If that doesn't work.. you might need to reinstall your ipod driver.
  3. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey mate, i find the best help with getting into dfu mode is this little tool here..

http://u.dopaul.com/Voltage.rar
    (credit to CalebMingle)

Forget about the jailbreaking side of it i just open up the booter, then use the DFU Helper and then close the whole lot. Try it out IMO it is the best DFU helper!