itunes wont recognise ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by computerhac, Nov 5, 2007.

1. computerhac

computerhac New Member

i looked in the freq asked questions and couldnt find this...at first it wouldnt find it in normal running mode so i put it in recovery mode and it still wont. what should i do? if theres no way to fix it do u think bestbuy would take it back. i could say its some weird software glitch? if anyone knows whats goin on could you please tell me...cuz i dont want my 480 bucks down the drain
  2. AdamC

AdamC New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just recieved a new one from apple due to the docking connector being faulty..It wasn't anything to do with software, as it would sync/charge if I persistently held the connector and ipod together myself. If I were you, I'd restore it if ya hacked it, and take it in.
  3. computerhac

computerhac New Member

well the dock connector works because i have an ac adapter and i can charge it from that but my computer and my friends computer wont see it as being there. no usb sound or anything. is there any way to get it out of recovery mode? then i can stll use it for a while untill i can find a way to connect it...any ideas?
  4. kyle1361

kyle1361 New Member

try connect directly to a USB 2.0 port

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. computerhac

computerhac New Member

like...what do u mean?i plug it in usb to get to itunes and thats how i figured out it it doesnt work
  6. sjsharks

sjsharks New Member

a similar problem happened to me so I called apple support
    after doing all the things (reinstalling itunes again, etc..)
    I found out that another program was conflicting with the ipod touch
    For, me it was McAfee, once I turned mcafee off and disabled it, itunes recognized my ipod touch. Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

!
  7. computerhac

computerhac New Member

well i reinstalled and shut off antivirus and other things but its still not cn it. is itunes the only thing that sees the ipod touch...i dont remember if it made the usb jingle or not when i pluged it in...do you think that bestbuy would take it back and gimmie a new one if i say the dock wont work...cuz what would they test on it? what would apple test on it if i gave it back?