itunes won't let me put video on ipod touch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by spic2chop87, Nov 3, 2007.

1. spic2chop87

spic2chop87 New Member

itunes won't let me put a video on my ipod touch. i converted the video and when i drag it on to itune it says video was not copied because this video can't be played on this ipod. anyone know whats going on
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

what format is the video in?
  3. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

You have to convert it to the right format with the right settings.. the resolution, frame rate, bit rate, audio format, etc... check the Ipot tech specs for the right settings....
  4. Lance

Lance New Member

what if I downloaded the movie from Itunes? it should be in the right format.
  5. elayne

elayne New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have the same challenge. I have the video in the Movie Library. I right click on it and press Convert to ipod format it comes back and says it is in the correct format. It is in mp4 format. It will not synch to movies. I have dl free tv shows from itunes and they are fine. I just cannot get any videos to the touch. Music and photos work fine.

TIA for any hints.

Elayne

PS. I did read the tip just above.
  6. Eragon

Eragon New Member

That's one of the shortcomings (for me, that is) of iTunes. I've subscribed to several video podcasts only to find out they could play in iTunes but not sync to the iPod. For these, I ended up converting the video podcast in iTunes to make it iPod compatible. When this is done, the video shows up in the movie folder.
  7. Eragon

Eragon New Member

I haven't found an easy solution to your problem. What I have done in the past is re-encode the video to video and audio bit rate settings I know are compatible with the iPod. Just because it is MP4 doesn't guarantee compatibiity with the iPod.
  8. itouchmyself2x

itouchmyself2x New Member

ya i had same problem, i used videora to convert my video to mp4 but still doesnt work! i hate friggin itunes, its the biggest piece of sh*t ever! where do i find/does anyone know what are the exact specifications for videos?