Itunes won't detect Ipod Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by penor, Mar 17, 2009.

1. penor

penor New Member

Hello, and sorry for having my first post asking for help, but I am pretty desperate right now. I am stressing that I lost my itouch because it won't work. I tried practically everything there was to try, but was hoping for some help from others. My ipod touch is currenty in it's default state at the updated firmware and working fine, but it won't be detected by itunes. I really don't remember what I did exactly, but it invovled resetting it a couple of times and putting it in to DFU mode. My main goal before this was to jail break with one of the guides, but it didn't turn out quite well. And advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Plug in your iPod touch.
    2. Turn off your iPod.
    3. Hold down home and power buttons together.
    4. The second you see the Apple logo, let go of the power button only.
    5. iTunes will open and a window will pop up telling you that it is in restore mode.
    6. Restore the iPod.

You'll be able to backup all your original settings and music etc. after the restore.
  3. mikidagreat

mikidagreat New Member

I followed all the directions, but #5. never happened for me. Any other suggestions?

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is my first post, btw. Like, ever.
  4. theboss123

theboss123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i got the same problem only i can sync my ipod but i can not get it in recovery mode or DFU itunes will not dectect it it says that i have to install a software