Itunes with iTouch and iPhone @ same time, what happens to my apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Toilet Duck, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I appreciate that this has probably been covered on other threads, but I'm just trying to clarify....

Currently I own an iTouch 64Gb model, but soon my phone contract expires, and I'd like to move over to an iPhone 3GS. From what I've read I should be able to run both devices from the one account.

But what about the Apps I've already paid for? as they are physically on my iTouch already will I just be able to sync the iphone with my itunes, and the apps will be transferred onto the new iphone? or is there all that single installation stuff meaning I can only run the app on one device at a time.

I'm not trying to score free apps here, I'd be willing to pay for a duplicate app for the stuff I need (most of the apps I use are free apps anyway). I'm just trying to get my head round it all.

Also as my wife has her beady eye on my iTouch, could I set up itunes on her laptop, so she can manage/add the music she likes, without bothering me every time the next teeny bopper group releases an album?

As I said I'm NOT trying to score free apps here, I'm willing to pay so its all legitimate software, bought and paid for; I just want to know how things stand before signing up for an iphone. If needs be I can start a second itunes account, but I'd rather it all ran from one place.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As long as the devices are synced to your iTunes account, the applications (free and paid) should sync to your new device without problem.
  3. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What about managing the iTouch from 2 laptops, or is this restricted?

What I'm more bothered about is her downloading a load of albums, then me getting the bill
  4. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Nope, you can, but a maximum of five.

Haha.
  5. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, like touchfan said, you can authorize the device to a maximum of 5 devices
  6. jagermaster

jagermaster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont know where to post this so f*** it,ill do it here,i just got my ipod touch,and it was working fine,but i want to sync my photos but,when i do this itunes closes,and i have no f***in clue why can anybody please help me with this i will realy appreciate it thanx