Itunes will open, but then won't respond.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by 16gbofmagic., Feb 21, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I open iTunes manually (Not that plug-in and it turns on thing) and it opens perfectly, but when I go to click on anything, I get nothing. It wont respond to clicks or anything. My computer doesn't slow down at all, as a ctlr-alt-delete to close it works fine.

Whats could be happening? I need to get in to remove some things as well as add some. The iPod is connected while I open it, would it help to not be?

I also installed SwapTunes a few weeks ago so I could have it in case I needed it. I opened it up thinking I would get some kind of options, but it started right away. I hit the home button when I saw what it was doing. Could this be the problem? Should I run it again?
  2. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

is this only on your ipod music, or is it on yout itunes library? can you click nav buttons?
    fix: i think you unclicked manually manage music
  3. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can't click ANYTHING. It opens, displays a blank box that says "iTunes Store" and I can't click anything from there. None of the nav buttons, no libraries, no playlists, nothing.
  4. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ive narrowed it down to something weird with my iPod.

If the iPod isn't connected, iTunes works fine. The minute I connect it, it freeze. I gave it a good half hour and nothing.

I am using Windows, and I have multiple accounts for members of the family. On my Dad's account with only 10gb or so of our music, it works fine. The minute I go onto my Sister's to get the 45gb+ of music, iTunes won't work.

I'm going to reboot and hopefully that might do it. I'll let you guys know either way.

EDIT: I got it up, but it was horrendously slow. I got everything ready, plugged it in, and came back in an hour after syncing 22 songs. Lame. Why would it be so slow? I'm on 7.5, upgrade? Any reason not to?