Itunes will not let me restore my jailbroken ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sstryker20, May 12, 2009.

1. sstryker20

sstryker20 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have it jailbroken with quickfreedom. I used logome and did all the instructions right but after I turned my ipod off it wouldn't turn back on. I put it into DFU mode and went into itunes to restore it and I keep getting this message: Software for this ipod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of Itunes and try again. I do have the latest version of itunes. What do i do? Thanks for any help.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    LogoMe only works with redsnow .3. Use one of the programs to try and boot it. If not try DFU.
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

4. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Immature or obscene comments
    Proves how much you know. He said it's friggin in dfu you sh*t. Anyways if you want to restore it you have to download the firmware you want and save it to a place you will remember. Then when it's done downloading connect the ipod in dfu to the computer, and then when in itunes hold the shift key and click restore and then locate the firmware and then click ok. It should start restoring back to normal.
  5. sstryker20

sstryker20 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you jawcl! I have restored my ipod and jailbroke it again. Mikec1985, i used redsnow ,3, and I already have tried dfu. Read my entire post.
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Your welcome.