itunes wil not install drivers for my touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaa55, Dec 24, 2007.

1. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

some error happens while im installing itunes and it continues with the installation but then when i start itunes it says the files needed to install to my touch arent available and to reinstall it. ive done this multiple times. the error says something about microsof.VC80.CRT t processor architecture = x86. terribly confused. im running an HP dv1000 with a celeron m 1.4ghz, 1 gb of ram and vista. i am running as administrator.
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Vista is the problem

Try totally uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Also make sure you reboot after uninstall, reboot after install. Then try
  3. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    64 bit vista or 32?
  4. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

32 bit vista
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I saw a post on the Apple forums that this was being cause by some outdated Microsoft drivers. The poster over there said he manually ran Windows Update to get all his driver up to date, reinstalled iTunes, and it worked...
  6. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

i bet thats it! i plugged in the ipod in before itunes was installed. im going to try it right now!
  7. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that was kind of a stupid question... considering right in his post it said: "processor architecture = x86"
  8. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

well once again im back, no go, tried updating drivers, then reinstalled itunes restarted, uninstalled drivers reinstalled itunes rebooted, and still the same error message
  9. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

it keeps reconizing it as digital camera! uh this is frustrating, i dont even want to use itunes i just need the drivers so windows can see it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wait... are you trying to get itunes to recognize it, or get windows to let you use it as a drive? if you;re trying to get windows to let you use it, its not gonna happen. apple locked out the old method of Disk Mode because they were afraid people would be able to hack it