iTunes Updated to 9.0.3

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by leadergo, Feb 1, 2010.

1. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

iTunes 9.0.3 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• iTunes no longer ignores your "Remember password for purchases" setting.
    • Addresses problems with syncing some Smart Playlists and Podcasts with iPod.
    • Resolves a problem recognizing when iPod is connected.
    • Addresses issues that affect stability and performance.
    iTunes 9 comes with many new features and improvements, including:

• An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.

• iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.

• iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more — available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.

• Home Sharing helps you manage your family's iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.

• Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.

• iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.

• iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.

• Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).

• iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.

Source: Apple
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Does it support the iPad?
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i dont think so. i think its just bug fixes. iPad support would be later on, probably around March or April (whenever the iPad comes out).
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They also brought out 3.1.3 ! iTouch Firmware!! pretty pointless... but still... i hope its not jail break proof...
  5. sk88er44

sk88er44 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a 3rd gen 32gb iPod touch with the tethered blackra1n jailbreak (which is great, dont know why everyone complains about it)

will this new update affect me syncing my ipod? I know apple is very sneaky about disabling features and blocking stuff out

thanks

6. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    iTouch 3.1.3 firmware is out!!!!
  8. nathana

nathana New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not only is iTunes 9.0.3 out, but iPhone OS 3.1.3 came out, too.

But if you like jailbreaking (OR unlocking, if you are an iPhone 3G(S) user), avoid like the plague for now. It is confirmed (Apple said as much themselves in the release notes) that the USB control message overflow bug that is exploited in both blackra1n and redsn0w 0.9.x has been patched, so iPod Touch 3G and iPhone 3GS (early AND late models) cannot be jailbroken at all after upgrading (unless they have their 3.1.2 SHSH on file with Cydia and downgrade back to 3.1.2).

Baseband firmware for 3G phone models is also up to version 05.12.01 in the 3.1.3 update, and most certainly patched up the exploit that blacksn0w used to perform its SIM unlock.

-- Nathan
  9. doriangh

doriangh Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    HelpQQ

If i upgrade to 3.1.3 can I still jailbreak with brackra1n or I should wait till the blackra1n jailbreak for 3.1.3 post appears?
  10. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i don't think you can jailbreak 3.1.3 with blackra1n. anyone wanna test this? i don't have an iPod i can test with since i don't want to lose my stuff. but is there an application that lets you back up your entire iPod as an .ipsw file? then you can dfu restore to it and you have all your crap back? that'd be cool.