iTunes Unknown Error (2001) - Classic's Fault!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thespaz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. thespaz

thespaz New Member

iTunes Unknown Error (2001) - Classic's Fault!
    Unknown Error (2001)

If you keep getting this error, it won't matter how many times you turn off and turn on your iPod touch, you will always get this error in iTunes while trying to restore. Well, today after fighting with my iPod, I was getting this error trying to update to 1.1.4 (not jailbroken or anything)

Here's how I fixed it. I noticed Classic was running (Tiger 10.4.11) so I just quit Classic and without doing anything else, I re-clicked the update button in iTunes and it worked! Come to think of it... when I was having this problem this morning, I had Classic running then too but, I didn't know that was the culprit. This morning when I upgraded to 1.1.3 I kept getting the (2001) error so I restarted my computer (thus stopping Classic from running)... so that's gotta be the problem! Stop Classic and everything will work! Can anyone else confirm this? Run Classic and try restoring their iPod and see if they get error (2001). Then quit Classic and try again and see if it works.

Note: I did not unplug my iPod at all before I quit Classic.. upon quitting Classic, restore worked 1st try.
    1 person likes this.
  2. cscho

cscho New Member

same issue wit phone attempting to confirm
  3. theinfamousrj

theinfamousrj New Member

how do you fix this issue if you currently run tiger on an older mac?

i don't believe an OS update would be needed to update some firmware on an ipod, that would be ridiculous!
  4. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've never had this error and I don't know how to fix it.
  5. frizzastyle

frizzastyle New Member

i got the same error, and all i had to do was switch USB port. worked fine afterwards, no errors.
  6. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
  7. kiding

kiding New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Quit iLiberty+ or ZiPhone.
  8. Pebah

Pebah New Member

Same problem in OS X 10.4.11. I quit Classic mode, no restart, then iTunes restored the iTouch like it should. I previously thought it was an issue with Transport Monitor/Palm software as I was getting an Transport Monitor error message when quitting iTunes. I deinstalled the Palm software, but that did NOT fix the problem. Quitting Classic did it.
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

guys this is a jailbreaking problem, whenever blackra1n says its going into recovery mode itunes pops up and says you need to restore your ipod so i followed a youtube video it restored but then i tried to jailbreak again....same message. Any suggestions?
  10. n0va

n0va Banned

What kind of ipod do you have? you could use redsn0w if you have a 2g MB