itunes thinks its an iphone

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by jessemac_7, May 18, 2010.

1. jessemac_7

jessemac_7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My friend has been having quite a few problems with his ipod 2g 3.1.2 and finally fixed it last night. His ipod works properly and has all his games and apps and its jailbroken (blackra1n)but when he plugs it into his computer to sync it will start to sync then stop and say "iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from syncservers". He also noticed that iTunes is thinking that his ipod is an iphone (puts it on the title,ringtones, etc.) When he tries to start any of his apps they won't open other than the general ones the come with the ipod (safari, app store, etc.) Now he doesn't have any music on it and hes tried everything including:
    Switching USB ports
    Restarting his computer
    Removing everything to do with iTunes and re-installing
    Restarting his ipod

What else can he do?
    Thanks in advance
  2. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    there's a good chance he'll have to restore it but i don't know tbh. there's probly people here who can offer you other solutions to try before resorting to a full restore.
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would just restore.
  4. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got the exact same problem before but can you get free upgrades with that? At the time when mine was like that 2.0 had just come out. But yeah restoring should do the trick, or at least it did for me.