iTunes thinks iPod Touch is an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by xTHIS IS BRANx, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTHIS IS BRANx

xTHIS IS BRANx New Member

Ok, so after i was done doing my jailbreak and getting installer i decided to sync to itunes. I plugged it in and it said "this version of iTunes doesnt support the iphone, please reinstall itunes and try again" (not exact wording) At that moment i thought i had bricked my Touch in some manner so i decided to force restore it, and it showed the picture of the cable and the itunes symbol but iTunes was still saying that it was an iPhone.I reinstalled itunes and it still didnt work. So i went back to Cosco and said that i wanted a new one because "It has too many smudges on the screen" and i got my money back and got a completely new one. I brought it home and opened it up (the new itouch smell over came me) then i plugged it in and BAM it was still being called an iphone. So at that point in time i cursed off apple while i watched all of there programs (and i mean everything, including quicktime) delete off of my computer. Then the next day i felt like reinstalling it and it worked fine. I dont know why it was being called an iphone but i just want to know if anyone else had this problem. i dont know if in the end it worked because it was a new itouch or because the programs had something to do with it. So if anyone currently has this problem maybe you can look into it and this will decide if i will jailbreak my touch again

p.s. sorry for the life story, i was kinda bored
  2. KrayZieAsSPiNoy

KrayZieAsSPiNoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont worry about it.
    it happened on my friend's also

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. biano

biano New Member

i got the same problem but its not going away i have uninstaled and re instaled intunes about 3 times now and i restored my ipod about 10 times and still nuthin is there anyway to fix this?
  4. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Eh.. unless you're loading the iPhone firmware then I don't see why this coming up..
  5. FlyinHawaiian

FlyinHawaiian New Member

I just posted this in another topic just do as i say an it will be fixed...

Go to RUN paste in " C:\Program Files\Common files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin "

Now copy and paste in iTunesMobileDevice.dll that you used for the jail break if you dont have it download it here.

Download

Problem fixed

Please Register or Log in to view images

Enjoy

Aloha,
    Flyin Hawaiian
  6. xTHIS IS BRANx

xTHIS IS BRANx New Member

or you can just reinstall EVERYTHING that has to do with apple on your computer, then reinstall
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can only write the firmware to your ipod so many times. This has been covered before, search next time.

listen to him :
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.