Itunes Sync Broke Jailbreak!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Lorre851, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Lorre851

Lorre851 New Member

Today I just synced my ipod touch like always (with the old itunes 9 software), but after the sync, cydia was gone, aswell as the Mail, Maps, Calendar, Calculator and Contacts applications!

I tried searching for them with iFile, but the app folders are completely gone.

Rock Your Phone and all the apps I installed through cydia are still on the device (except one app which I apparently cannot name in this thread). I already managed to get that app back (however it said 'reinstall' instead of 'install', so I guess there must have been something left of the program...)

Does anybody know how I can get these system apps back? (I don't really give much for Cydia since Rock is much better)

EDIT: screenshot attached to the topic.

Attached Files:

2. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have sbsettings maybe? Or poof? if so check if the apps are hidden... otherwise use rock to reinstall them or restore the device get everything again
  3. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  4. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If the app folders are gone, that means that it wasn't and can't be poofed.
    You have to restore, I guess.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's happened on my friend's iPod after I jailbroke it. If OpenSSH is installed, just copy over the app files from another source (I copied from my iPod to hers, worked perfectly).

iTunes didn't break your jb, the only way to do that is by restore. There might have been an error with syncing and some packages you had installed through Cydia messed with iTunes. If my method doesn't work/apply for you, you'll have to restore. Before you restore, make sure you backup your blobs. Once you do that and rejailbreak (if you choose), be careful about what packages you install. Hope this helps!
  6. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Respring, Reboot, and search spotlight to see if they are really gone.