Itunes "stuck" syncing/verifying Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by rich_mat_rix, Aug 24, 2009.

1. rich_mat_rix

rich_mat_rix New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I've got a 1st gen 32gb Ipod Touch with the latest firmware (3.0), not jailbroken. It's been working fine until recently, but now i'm having problems syncing with Itunes.

When I plug the ipod in and itunes starts up, itunes recognises the ipod, and starts to sync. However, it remains "syncing", both on the ipod and in itunes, and doesn't conclude. In this state, I can view and play files on the ipod itself in itunes, but I can't upload any new tracks.

If I click the x button to the right of the "Syncing ipod" message in the information bar twice, it then displays the message "verifying ipod" and remains stuck doing this (i.e. doesn't conclude) with the same issues mentioned above).

This first started happening with a previous version of itunes and ipod touch firmware. In my efforts to rectify it, I have installed the latest versions of itunes and the ipod firmware, I have completely uninstalled itunes and reinstalled it, and I have reset the settings on the ipod to factory default. I don't want to completely restore the ipod since I have a lot of songs on it which were selected from a much bigger library, and to put everything back on would take some time.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks in advance,

Rich
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happens to me constantly, what I do is slide to unlock while it is syncing, unplug it. Then open Music and wait for it to show your music. Now check and make sure iTunes shows that the iPod isn't plugged in anymore. Now, plug it back in and click sync. Should work this time, does for me.
  3. rich_mat_rix

rich_mat_rix New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the speedy reply. Do you mean open music on the ipod itself?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay. so I tried what was suggested with no success. Has anybody got another suggestions?

Cheers,

Rich
  4. rich_mat_rix

rich_mat_rix New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, after a couple of hours research, this is the solution that seems to be working for me at the moment:

Open itunes (don't plug in the ipod). Go to preferences, devices(?) and turn off the automatically sync ipod option. In the advanced tab, reset sync history. I also turned off all features in all tabs asking to search for external devices (such as apple tv). Apply these changes.

Now plug in your ipod and wait for itunes to recognise it. Click on the ipod in the side menu and manually sync it (using the sync button). Itunes should now backup the ipod and sync without becoming "stuck". Then go back into preferences and turn the automatic sync option back on.

Hope this will be of use to anyone else with the same problem.
  5. jshorette

jshorette New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have been having the same problem, I can't wait to see if this works. Thanks for the research time.
  6. RobinHoodlum

RobinHoodlum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thank you!!!

rich_mat_rix, you are AWESOME. I went through three hours of headache today before I came across your post on the forum. Worked like a charm.

Thanks again!
  7. Marioman15

Marioman15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an ipod touch 2nd generaion, 3.1.2 jailroken. My itunes used to sync fine with no problem at all. I've tried restarting the computer and the ipod, and even your soultion rich and everytime my ipod is "verifying" itunes encounters a problem and has to close. Any ideas?
  8. mizzblack

mizzblack New Member

I have an iPod nano and my itunes recognises the ipod but it won't sync. It comes up with "The iPod "Niamh's ipod" cannot by synced. An unknown error occured (13019)." I have tried all the suggestions but none of them are working. Please help!!!!!!!!
  9. vjay05

vjay05 New Member

quick fix, maybe?

i had this problem recently on my 3rd gen ipod touch, what i did was click on exit and then when the box saying 'quit' 'don't quit' comes up i clicked on don't quict and everything went back to normal syncing
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

my solution

I tried everything I could think of in itune and on the ipad. It came down to disabling my antivirus on pc. bingo, working fine now.