itunes store keeps annoying me

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by commanderbdokey, Jan 27, 2008.

1. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

everytime i connect my ipod to my computer itunes will always pop out and takes me to the january update and ask if i wanna buy it. im always clicking on "no thanks" and then itunes gets an error about and i cant disable it so everytime i connect it will always pop up about the update. can i stop it?
  2. Alex1991

Alex1991 New Member

Yes I also have this problem! Would be great if somebody knows a solution!
  3. ScottB

ScottB New Member

It is VERY annoying!
  4. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

and whats even gayer is that you have to response to that in order to sync ur music into the ipod
  5. ScottB

ScottB New Member

Ahhhh, the fun of being an early adopter!
  6. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hahaha "gayer" lol.. Anyway, yeah, this is pretty annoying. Apple doesn't even give us some way to disable it. Grr..
  7. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could always install Blaze Company's SVpatch to disable it. Or you could SSH and change your SystemVerson.plist to say 1.1.3 and it will stop bugging you (which is what Blaze Company does.) Or you could check the box that says do not remind me again.
  8. pleasedontsayiTouch

pleasedontsayiTouch New Member

i have the same problem. I did a restore, then updated and jb'ed 1.1.3, but iTunes is nagging me now to add the January software package, and clicking "no Thanks" or "remind me later" results in an error. Other than the annoyance of popping up every time i plug in my iPod, it's not a dire issue.
  9. walrick

walrick New Member

This is not caused by the jailbreak. Last night I made a fresh restore without jailbreaking or anything but the iTunes Store keeps annoying me. I contacted Apple and this is what they`ve said:

For a brief time, the iTunes Store was unable to process this type of request. Since that time, the issue seems to have been resolved.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If the issue persists, just reply to this email and Apple will investigate. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely.

I guess that brief time is not over yet. I replied the e-mail telling them how I am really frustrated with this, lets see what happens. I really want to get rid of that damn offer.
  10. petercockroach

petercockroach New Member

grr...this is really pissing me off. None of my ratings/play counts are syncing and I think it's because of this nag screen.