iTunes still wont recognize itouch no matter what

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hoffster12, Jun 27, 2008.

1. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since none of my apps will show up on the springboard and noone on here has been able to help me ive decided to restore. Only problem is, my ipod wont be recognized. It's in 1.1.1 and when i connect it windows thingy pops up and says usb cant be recognized or w/e
    so i turned off held home and plugged cable in, went to restore mode and it wont recognize usb(same message pops up) so i got it out of restore mode somehow by trying that process over and over and tried plugging it in holding sleep and home till it went black then let go of sleep went into restore or dfu or w/e mode and still cant be recognized
    any help to get it restored? ziphone wont boot it into dfu or restore because itunes wotn recognize it

i plugged it into a new usb port and it says new driver installation or w/e then: Apple Recovery (iBoot) USB Driver Failed
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Try different USB ports while putting it in DFU mode with iTunes runnings. Timing is essential for DFU mode, with the synch cable plugged into the ipod but not the computer hold both buttons until power off (black screen) then release top button and keep holding home button. While still holding the home button and with iTunes running on the computer plug the usb cable in and wait until iTunes recognises the device in recovery mode then let go of the home button. Let iTunes restore to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak with the software of your choice.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Put the iPod in Recovery mode, and then use iLiberty to get it out of restore mode.
  4. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i did dfu thing and it went black then i plugged it into comp. and held home entire time nothing happened but inbottom right corner of windows thing pops up and says unknown device ready to install and i held home for l;ike two minutes nothign just the usb itunes symbol on ipod so i replugged it in and then it still says usb device not recognized

ibilerty+'s options to go into restore and dfu mode are grey and i cant click on them cuz i dunno comp just doesnt recognize ipod
  5. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

OK I think you have an issue with Windows and the drivers for the device, I have seen a thread about this before but don't know where so can anyone help out? I am going to search and try and find the thread have you tried updating iTunes or uninistalling and reinstalling (but make sure you back up your iTunes music folder first so you definately don't loose purchased music)?
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What OS are you running? And what version of iTunes?
  7. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

8. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im windows vista
    and itunes is 7.6.2
    no i havent tried uninstalling and stuff
    but how do i uninstall apple mobile device?

heres the thread about what happened to my ipod and now that i try to restore because of it, my ipod cant be recognized, maybe itll help
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74412
  9. Brad4d

Brad4d New Member

As a last resort if nothing else works
    1. unplug your ipod
    2.turn ipod off
    3.hold down gome screen button
    4. While holding button down plug into computer, this will activate restore mode of ipod and it will prompt restoring, just follow the directions from there.

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this works. it worked for me after i bricked my ipod