Itunes sound enhancer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by velato, Jan 7, 2008.

1. velato

velato New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was wondering whether the enhancer in itunes can be used in itouch. The bass and sound effect is superb,Its even better than windows media player...Cn someone makes this for itouch?
  2. Angelic

Angelic New Member

General Settings > Music > Equalizer

That's an equalizer. Mess with it and find the best setting.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's a set of equalizer presets, not a real EQ. It works in a pinch, but it's no substitute for a real 3/5/10 band EQ. (You listening, Steve? A real EQ, man. It's long overdue. Get on it!)

The best setting I've found that has the widest dynamic range (that is, good, deep bass and relatively crisp highs with a decent mid) is Hip Hop. I don't listen to that style of music, but it's great for anything with a lot of range -- dance, trance, electro, etc. It's not perfect, but it's better than the other presets, which all seem to lack one quality or another.
  4. spaided

spaided New Member

i wish there was a REAL Eq in the settings somewhere, i am stuck using Treble Booster..i like highs and mids, but not so much Lows... Ya'll Smarty people should make an app to adjust the settings..
  5. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

if your headphones require you to use an eq to make them sound good you need new headphones.
  6. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Very true.
    Amen.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It ain't always about the headphones. Even the best reference monitors need a little help when pumping out pre-recorded tunes. EQ is helpful if you're recording from less than stellar sources (4-track, vinyl, etc.), ripping CDs where the sound engineer apparently hadn't yet discovered the wonders of a mastering EQ (I've had plenty), riping CDs where the sound engineer got way too freakin' happy with the mastering EQ (had some of those as well - friggin' Blank & Jones CD), commercial mix CDs culled from different sources where they just didn't bother doing any friggin' EQ at all resulting in a sorry mess of differently-EQed tracks (DJ Shah, meet The Equalizer. Equalizer, DJ Shah. And get the hell away from that reverb slider! You're going to hurt someone), or sometimes you just get some tracks ('specially older AAD recordings) that you wish had a rounder bottom or more crisp highs or a little more (or less) punch around the midrange.

/Audiophile.
    //Musician.
    ///Shure rocks.