iTunes- slowed to a crawl now DEAD

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by treblefff, Jul 10, 2009.

1. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really am struggling with iTunes on my windows PC.

upgrading from 7 to 8 didn't help.

here is my problem. When I got my first ever Apple devices for my family (2 ipod Touch and one iPhone) we all had one iTunes account, but sync seperately on 3 separate pc's

At first it all seemed to work just fine.

However, as the number of iPod touch/iPhone 'Apps' built up, the 'Applications' view on the iTunes Library view somehow got stuck on the view that has all the little icons of the apps. It will not toggle back to a list view on any pc. in this view, the entire pc is slowed to a crawl and iTunes takes over 50% of my CPU.

I never thought I would see a quad-Core system brought to it's knees, but iTunes has done for all the pc's in my home, with this same issue.

We now cannot get out of the 'icons' view as described above. The mouse-click areas for 'list' or 'grid' view no longer work, neither do the keyboard shortcuts.

I cannot re-instal any apps I paid for because of this, I have to do so via the ipod device itself, but they all vanish after syncing with the pc.

Can anyone help?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You could try re-installing iTunes, but without quicktime. I've heard that speeds it up by up to 40%. Guide Here - http://savvygeek.com/2007/11/29/install-itunes-without-quicktime/

Or, you could try backing up all your apps/songs/videos etc to a safe place on your PC, and completly wipe iTunes off your PC, then re-install it, and start all over (adding everything again manually). I have done this before and it made a massive difference starting a-fresh

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, I will try that. appreciate the reply