iTunes slow. Download *purchased* apps on NON-jailbroken touch outside App Store?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by beats1234, Oct 17, 2009.

1. beats1234

beats1234 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My internet connection isn't very good. iTunes' speed is horrible on top of it all. Takes me hours to download apps of almost any size. Big apps (50megs and up) often end up "stopped" or "network timed out", requiring constant clicks of the refresh/restart button.

Those are annoyances, but the problem is, more often than not, the apps are most likely corrupt, as they refuse to install and require 2 to 3 re-downloads before they work.

Can I download my already purchased apps (ipa or whatever else) from [PIRACY.rs]/[PIRACY.mu] to use on my ipt3g 8gb? Obviously, I'm not yet jailbroken. I've bought around a hundred bucks worth of apps, so I don't want to download from a site and have iTunes jack me. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows anything about it. 10-Q

PS - the latest apps which refused to install were Star Defense and Mystery Mania
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, each ipa is encrypted to work with only your account.

To do what you want to do would A) be illegal anyway, and B) require a jailbreak.
  3. beats1234

beats1234 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I already paid for all my apps, but it's such a nightmare trying to download and install them through iTunes.

I'm asking if my purchased apps on my not jailbroken device could be loaded to my touch. I'm not familiar with Apple's DRM, so I'm wondering if there exists the possibility that a downloaded ipa could be linked to my account through iTunes (as I have/will have already paid for it).
  4. Jess2012

Jess2012 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try to download it directly from your ipod.
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can do That ^ into iTunes by syncing, or you can use mobile iTunes or normal iTunes to download them again. Those are the only two ways.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I would personally download from your computer, if you're not doing so already.
  7. beats1234

beats1234 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks for the advice. I've never been able to get an app to install through the touch. internet too flaky. I'm using iTunes on my PC. anyway, got my mystery mania and star defense installed now. beneath a steel sky, working on another download. was corrupt

Please Register or Log in to view images

sometimes, I get what appears to be my ISP's 2MB claimed speed. sometimes meaning twice ever
  8. Sophia

Sophia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You might even go to the public library and download from there, directly to your iPod. Then sync with your computer.

2MB speed (assuming you mean 2 mbps) is not bad at all really, we have half of that and downloads go smoothly, even Myst downloads well.
  9. beats1234

beats1234 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    haha no libraries here!

hmmm, maybe I should return to the US. Latency problem here in Southeast Asia I guess.
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    2 mb/s is plenty to download apps. Really, it's plenty for just about anything except intensive online gaming. My ISP just upgraded and now I get amazing 11 mb/s which is great, but before the upgrade I got about 2 mb/s. You can check at speedtest.net (there's a free app for the iPod as well).