iTunes shut down my iPod, can't "re-jailbreak"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Madnoir, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Madnoir

Madnoir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had my tethered jailbroken 3.1.2 iPod connected to my computer and iTunes was backing it up since I'm on a new installation of Windows. All of a sudden I see my iPod go black, and it comes up with the Apple. So I've been running Blackrain to try to get it back up, but it just keeps hanging at the Geohot image for like 10 minutes before rebooting to the Apple again. Also, I've noticed it sits at the Apple logo WAY longer than it used to.

Is there anyway for me to get it back up without having to run restore? I would REALLY like to not have to restore.
  2. beaviskob1

beaviskob1 New Member

I am a newbie but my 3.1.3 was stuck at apple(not sure if the same as you), I could not even restore, and i used iReb and it worked fine.
  3. Madnoir

Madnoir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But did you lose your data using that? It keeps mentioning "restoring" so, I'm not sure if it will make me lose my data. I haven't even tried restoring through iTunes yet, I'm saving that as a final option if nothing works. But I'll keep iReb in mind.
  4. beaviskob1

beaviskob1 New Member

I honestly don't remember. I was stuck at apple for hours and researched it. When I used iReb my password in SSH was the same as I had changed them on initial jailbreak so my data was still ok (I think). I did restore after because I didn't know what took me down.
  5. Madnoir

Madnoir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I tried iReb, it doesn't seem to support 3rd gen Touches but it has a loop fixer, which didn't work. So I gave up and got the 3.1.2 firmware and used the "shift+restore" on iTunes and it got an error "The device isn't eligible for the requested build".

At this point I've given up on not having to restore. I just don't want to have to upgrade.
  6. joes

joes New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is because apple prevents you from restoring. Did you backup your SHSH blobs? If you did, I think this may help you http://www.machackpc.com/iphone/3gs...rmware-using-shsh-blob-locally-windows-users/. As far as I concern, the procedure is the same for any ipt3g or iphone 3gs
  7. Madnoir

Madnoir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks, that worked. So, what's so bad about iOS4? I figured I might as well upgrade to 3.1.3 now so I can be untethered or wait until 4 got jailbroken for 3rd gen Touches.

Also, you wouldn't happen to know what I have to do to upgrade to 3.1.3 since now iTunes would want me to 4. Could I just "shift+restore" with 3.1.3 firmware?
  8. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    hmm, can itunes do that?
  9. Madnoir

Madnoir New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not sure what caused it for sure. That's just all I had to go on.
  10. joes

joes New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why upgrade? Spirit supports 3.1.2

Please Register or Log in to view images

! And it is unthetered! Just get it from http://spiritjb.com/ and enjoy! Oh, if you have itunes 9.2, download itunes 9.1 from any site and remove EVERY Apple related program from your Pc. These are:

-Quicktime
    -Apple Device Support
    -Apple application support
    -iTunes
    -iPhone helper (or something like that, may not show up

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Now, install iTunes 9.1 and Jailbreak with spirit. If you run spirit on itunes 9.2, your device will enter a reboot loop and we don't want that, do we?