iTunes restore error 9 on iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arokha, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Arokha

Arokha New Member

Woke up today, went to get my iPod Touch off the charger, found it at the USB header/iTunes logo screen. iTunes saying it found and iPod in restore mode and must restore it.

No big deal, resetting just brought it back there. Okay, still no problem. Tried restoring...this is where I got issues...

Everything is fine until is get's to the "waiting for iPod" loading bar. My iPod shows the little Apple with the loading bar underneath it, like it's ready and waiting. But then itunes stops and says "Cannot restore iPod, and unkown error has occured (Error Code 9)" Then kicks it off, telling me I need to restore it again.

Tried restarting computer, DFU and Restore mode, different USB ports, uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes, different computer, different firmwares..

Any help?

Little update: On the 2.2 and 3.0 firmwares, I've noticed that on the loading bar...during a restore to 2.2, the loading bar will get about halfway before error 9. 3.0 is almost instantaneous.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try a shift-restore in DFU mode and restore to 2.2.1 or 3.0.
  3. Arokha

Arokha New Member

Already tried that. Called Apple though, it's under warranty until December.

It's getting replaced. <3